20 November 2006

A Dreadful Breifing

Back to the corporate world again. This time is with Kinokuniya bookstore, PageOne the upper floor to be exact.



My first day of working starts with a serious briefing. Every staff is standing still in horizontal lines like boyscouts waiting for order. I even ask Grace whether we need to sing Negaraku in occation like this.

But she gives me a stern face instead. Haha.. Alright la, relax…



The person-in-charge talks a lot about the internal operation of the bookstore, what-to-do and what-shouldn’t that kind of stuff, which I can’t understand at all. All I understand is every staff of Kinokuniya needs to take turn to do a public speaking in front of others, because it’s the only thing which is less complicated.

Wei, say is say “retail assistant” jeh.. Actually is bookkeeper lor. Need or not oh? Lucky me is under PageOne, no need to embarrassed in front of other people :P

The briefing ends with an awkward talking practice: Good morning sir; How do you do; Can I help you; Thank you; Please come again…

They speak so fast, I couldn’t even keep up!

No comments: