05 November 2006

Another Shinigami-based Anime

I’m always a big fan of Bleach ever since it’s released. Even until now, I’m still reluctant to delete any of its episodes in my hardisk, from episode 1 till 101.

Almost 20GB of my hardisk is already eaten up by my favorite anime series. :)


Dragon-Ball age has passed. Now bleach rules!

Until recently I discovered I new anime series based on shinigami background too, but this time it’s heavily emphasized on logical puzzle solving rather than conventional fighting comedy as the bleach and most of the mainstream anime proposed. It’s a very fresh idea in Japanese Artwork and I’m loving it.

It’s more a Conan detective story fused with shinigami elements.

The anime is called Death Note.

Excerpt from wikipedia:


    Plotline of Death Note

    Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003.

    The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's genuineness, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become the "God of new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

    Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira"(In Engrish, "Kira "sounds like "Killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill a person just by knowing their face and name.

    Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins.

    More




Today I browsed through the magazines only to find Death Note is already made into movie and released in Japan two days ago. It kinda shock me too when I get to know that Death Note is already a completed anime with 108 chapters in total.

Oh my.. The storyline is only bounded on a Japan top student Light and his Death Note, and they made it into 100+ chapters? It really interests me. Until now Japanese TV release until the 5th episode only.

And Death Note the movie! I must watch it!

No comments: