09 November 2006

Autography Book

Remember those autography books you used to do in primary?



Remember those times when you yet to know the existence of Friendster, Multiply etc.. And you want to keep track of your friends’ contacts and whereabouts?

Yea, I’m sure every one of you had the experience of owning an autography books. You write nice wishes and funny quote that you find somewhere, ctrl – C ctrl-V and forward it to your friends, like what you did to email, sms, friendster testimonial and such. Of course, back in that time it’s not called “forward”. It’s called “I-write-autography-to-you”.

I sure you had, once upon a time. :P




Two days ago a children pushed her autography book and asked me to sign. As it’s impossible for me to do it at class for her, I bring it back home in return I promised I would write a better one for her.




Today I finished up my workload and get back home according to time. Finally! I take the book out and digest it, and I can’t help it but chuckle over it as I turn from page to page.

Not soon enough I found the favorite quote among the children.



Yeah, the good-horses and the bad-horses thingy. Hey comm’on, it’s soooOOo irrelevant okay? I can’t have the slightest idea of why the idiom should appear in your wishes. Eh, you want to be a horse is it?

Lantak-lah~ Salin je..




Besides that, there are few children who are creative enough to come out with their totally pointless wishes. And it’s funny!




Hmm.. this is a better one. Normal abit.




I wonder who created these idiom hor.. Last time the silly us also follow this kind of trend. Apparently primary students have yet to have the skill to write their own meaningful wishes, so they just copy it from somewhere else.

Actually it’s kinda cool also this wishes. Eh, view it from a 10-year-old child perspective okay?




Then the real problem arrives. I've written to friend; I've written to pen-pal; I've written to strangers; but I've never written to students! What exactly should a teacher write for his student?

I had no idea, really.

I flipped the whole book, there’s only one teacher who have done the autography. All she does is just signed the book. Well, I don’t want to disappoint the child.

So, I really crack my head up.



Part which censored is my handheld number

At last, I come out with a simple bookmark. It is last minute that I decided to stamp it inside the book so that she won’t lose it.

Hope she will like it.

3 comments:

kexiou said...

Prepare more bookmarks! Later more and more students are coming to you! :D

Anonymous said...

wuooo...you reminded me of the sweet old school days..hahaha.
you're indeed a good teacher, arent u?it's so sweet of u to make the bookmark for the gal rather than just putting down ur signature. the gal will love it i bet, she will appreciae it! like kexiou said, u gotta prepare more and more bookmarks because all of them are coming after u with their autograph books...hehe,goodluck!

Anonymous said...

I have saw it at 4H class profile book....Pensan, how come U have a lot of time and mood to make it...??

I just simple write "learning is long distance, knowledge will not the end"then a signature....finish up lo!