18 October 2006

Nominee of Pua-Chu-Kang Comedy Award

Oh no.. Not politic issues again!

I always thought that politics is boring and dull. You know, only retired Ah Pek or Ah Shums will leisurely talk about politics in their favorite kopitiam early in the morning. Shaking legs, drinking kopi-o..

Nowadays, even dogs have something to bark on politics.

Sorry but I can’t help myself of blogging politics. Recent news is getting more and more dramatic and hilarious, I guess they might replace my primary source of entertainment one day! The best thing is, it's hot baked right in front of my doorstep daily!

To be honest, I am quite feddup of swearing my own gahmen already. Let’s take a break and see how other people commented. Let’s get the party started.

*drumroll*

Here is the five sandiwara-sandiwara that is nominated for best series of Pua-Chu-Kang Comedy Award.



Ladies and gentleman, the first nominee:

Excerpt from minishorts.net:


    And that interview they had with MY prime minister. Which was plastered on all the front pages of the local Chinese papers, and conveniently tucked into a corner of the other dailies.

    Oh in bulleted form some more.

    Chinese community should be thankful because the Government has given them the opportunity to prosper.

    *cue* Bows head in repentance? OH THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO PROSPER!!! OMM OMMM OMMM …

    Eh I dunno about you hoh, but I remember years and years back some other leader also said something about 'Oh the Malays have to be thankful for the government.'

    And that line about 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.'

    Why are our leaders … always begging their people to thank them? Pardon me for being a bit rebellious here, but good morning sir, ma'am, you are the government that we voted INTO power because we believe that we will PROSPER under you. For God's sake I wouldn't even look at my skin colour when it comes to being prosperous. As far as I'm concern, under a good government, EVERYONE SHOULD PROSPER, and when that kind of overall prosperity kicks into the place, a GOOD GOVERNMENT will not go running to a drama-inducing news channel such as CNN and tell a segment of the people, 'OH PLEASE THANK US, BECAUSE WE MADE YOU PROSPEROUS.'

    More

The second nominee goes to:

Excerpt from kennysia.com:

    So anyway, do I think the Malaysian garblement is racist? Unforunately yes. I'd even go as far as to say that the Malaysian garblement has more racist policies than the Australian garblement, which is saying a lot considering how Malaysia once cried out against Australia over their 'racist' immigration policies and treatment of refugees.

    But is it a surprise? Hardly. What do you expect when the ruling party ever since Malaysia's independance is a Malay race-based political party called UMNO?

      "Let no one from the other races ever question the rights of Malays on this land. Don’t question the religion because this is my right on this land." - Badruddin, UMNO Deputy Chairperson

      "Eh hello. I'm born here so its also my right to be here also wat. So hao lian for what?" - Kenny Sia, Blogger.

    Btw, I always thought the name 'UMNO' for a political party is kinda cute. Can you imagine what their caucus sessions are like?

      UMNO Minion: "Prai Minster! Prai Minster! Can we adopt another policy to increase our bumi discount to 30% pleaseee?"
      Prime Minister: "UM... NO."
      UMNO Minion: "Then 20% can?"
      Prime Minister: "UM. NO!"
      UMNO Minion: "15%?"
      Prime Minister: "UMNO!!!"
      UMNO Minion: "Mmmk. :("

    More


Have enough? I don’t think so. The 3rd nominee:

Excerpt from ktemoc.blogspot.com:



    I wonder what these guys are saying? I am going to make a guess, and you're welcome too.


      My take:

      Hishamuddin (passionately): There's not going to be any apology, OK? Love means never ever having to say sorry, and I love you, got that? Yeah, if you don't understand what I’ve just said, OK, let me repeat that in Chinese - Ai Larp U lah!

      Khairy (senyum rimau, and thinks): Tak perlu komen lah. Am not one to stand in the way of love. Nampaknya Liew dah bingung dengan Hisham's surprise declaration of cinta. As my Oxford don used to say, 'Omnia vincit amor, et nos cedamus amori' - hehehe.

      Liew (mute stung by bee? thinks): KNN, chia lart men! He does love me afterall. Does that mean I sooner or later kena 'potong' er? Do I have to switch to UMNO Youth too, or does Hisham instead come over to MCA Youth?




Let’s welcome the 4th nominee:

Photo from bukanmatrempit.blogspot.com:

    Are our yellow-skinned friends, being margerin-ize-d?



    Nah, they are margerin-iz-ing themselves..


The FINAL nominee, which I personally think is the best of all. It’s a big honored to have our Prai Minster and Putera Umno chairperson here.

Round applaud for dumb Adalah Amat Badass weeee-wee and dumber Adalah Aedes Adalah Rahim!



Excerpt from lowyat.forum.net:



    Source: Malaysiakini.com

    PM to rebrand Mat Rempit

    Aug 21, 06 12:45pm


    Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will rebrand illegal motorcycle riders - popularly known as ‘Mat Rempit’ - during an assembly in the Bukit Jalil national stadium this November.

    Putera Umno chairperson Abdul Azeez Abdul Rahim said the rebranding of Mat Rempit was to change the illegal race participants' image towards something better.

    "We are thinking of a suitable name like Mat Cemerlang," he was quoted as saying by Bernama. !!!!!!??!

    "We are finding a proper direction for them. We could not stop them to continue with their interests but we can guide them to find a direction," he added.

    Abdul Azeez said the motorcylists should not be perceived as a threat, adding that, "If we cannot stop them, we join them. We try to understand them because they are our youths."

    More


(seriously, I spilled my drink on the floor when I read this..)



Alright that’s all for tonight. If you guys enjoyed the reality show, do drop us a vote okay? Once again thanks for our powderful gahmen in producing our very own flavoured sandiwara series, malaysia bolih!

Until next time,
*bow*
I’m Eddie, and this is..
*drumroll*
Pua-Chu-Kang Comedy Award.

1 comment:

kexiou said...

Damn funny la wei. I had a good laugh.

Seriously, we really need to pay attention to things going around us and not merely focusing on academic (which many people like our age are doing). You did a good job.

Keep it up.

:)